Thursday, June 24, 2004

Never Give Up

"Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it." ~Hebrews 12:11



Well, isn't that encouraging to know? Most people tend to grumble, complain, self-pity, or even crumble through their trials. God agrees that no trials are joyful at the time they happened. However, when we are going through our trials, always remember that when the trials have passed, there will be nothing but peace and joy. Keep in mind that the outcome will be worth all the troubles. Especially if you know that God also uses circumstances to make us look more like Him. Then you will be praising God for the trials instead of cursing Him.

That's my thought for the day :)



Hmm...I believe that most of you that read my blog (the ones that I know of) do not live with your parents anymore. In fact, we are far away from home. What have you learned being far away from your parents? For you who are not even in your own country, do you think you will go back home or move somewhere else?

I have been away from home for 4 years now. The one thing that I learn from my journey is to be independent and just to grow up! One thing that I am still learning is to make my own decision. It is not easy to make a decision. You have to take into consideration all the impacts of your decision. What is the best decision for everyone? I don't particularly like making a crucial decision. No wonder there is a saying that being an adult means you can make decision. I have enjoyed being on my own and learn to be independent. Of course from time to time, there is always the homesickness feeling. There is also time when you really regret your decision to go somewhere far. However, I trust that my being far away from home is God's plan for me and I have to keep trusting Him. I plan to stay here (not going back home) after I graduate. That has always been my intention. My parents used to say that if I can have a better chance here, why not just stay here, especially that they have spent so much money for me for my education here. I know that I won't be able to use what I learn here at home (my major is accountancy and the system is different). But, lately they have changed their mind. They want me to be closer to home :) Now, that's another decision to be made. I still have time to think about it and I will do whatever God wants me to do. Just so you know, right now, my heart is still set to stay here :))

1 Comments:

At July 1, 2004 at 8:43:00 PM CDT , Blogger irene said...

hikssssssssss tadi mau tinggalin komennn ga bisaa >( anywayss....... wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh kalo menurut gw tinggal di sini dan di indo sama serunya sihh :) tapi iya benerr.. God's call sih yaa smuanay :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home