Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Missing God



Have you ever felt that you miss God? I have. It is funny because I know that God is always there. He's been there all along. It is me who never looked for Him or called Him that much anymore. Well, to be honest, I haven't read my Bible for a looonngg time. I've been busy with school and with everything else, that I put Him second. That's bad right? Last night, I had my T.V. on TBN channel as usual, and the lady was speaking with the man, and she said, "It's never about us." And I know what she's going to say next, and I said it out loud with her, "It's all about God, it's all about Him!" That's when suddenly I felt that I missed Him so much. You know, I am grateful for the feeling, for the missing feeling because it means that I do still care about my relationship with Him. I am grateful that I know it's His way of letting me know that it's been too long. What about you? When did the last time you spend some time with God? Has it been too long too? It's okay. You can start again now. He still loves you, no matter what.



Psalm 91:1-2

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."



Psalm 92

It is good to give thanks to the Lord, And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning, And Your faithfulness every night, On an instrument of ten strings, On the lute, And on the harp, With harmonious sound. For You, Lord, have made me glad through Your work; I will triumph in the works of Your hands.

O Lord, how great are Your works! Your thoughts are very deep. A senseless man does not know, Nor does a fool understand this. When the wicked spring up like grass, And when all the workers of iniquity flourish, It is that they may be destroyed forever.

But You, Lord, are on high forevermore. For behold, Your enemies, O Lord, For behold, Your enemies shall perish; All the workers of iniquity shall be scattered.

But my horn You have exalted like a wild ox; I have been anointed with fresh oil. My eye also has seen my desire on my enemies; My ears hear my desire on the wicked Who rise up against me.

The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree, He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Those who are planted in the house of the Lord shall fourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bear fruit in old age; They shall be fresh and flourishing, To declare that the Lord is upright; He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home