Tuesday, May 25, 2004

If I Ain't Got You, Jesus

This is a song by Alicia Keys. These days I hardly listen to contemporary songs. However, there will always be time when my TV is on MTV, VH1, or BET and I will get to view what are the current hits. This song by Alicia Keys just grabbed my attention. I have to say it was first because of the melody. Because I like the melody, I try to listen what she is saying (That's how I am. If I don't like the music, there is a very small chance that I will like the song). After listening, I have to say, in a way, I can relate to the lyrics. Read the lyrics and see if you understand what she is trying to say.


If I Ain't Got You
(Alicia Keys)


Some people live for the fortune
Some people live just for the fame
Some people live for the power, yeah
Some people live just to play the game
Some people think that the physical things
Define what’s within
And I’ve been there before
But that life’s a bore
So full of the superficial

Chorus:
Some people want it all
But I don’t want nothing at all
If it ain’t you baby
If I ain’t got you baby
Some people want diamond rings
Some just want everything
But everything means nothing
If I ain't got you, Yeah

Some people search for a fountain
That promises forever young
Some people need three dozen roses
And that’s the only way to prove you love him
Hand me the world on a silver platter
And what good would it be
With no one to share
with no one who truly cares for me

Chorus:
Some people want it all
But I don’t want nothing at all
If it ain’t you baby
If I ain’t got you baby
Some people want diamond rings
Some just want everything
But everything means nothing
If I ain’t got you, you, you
Some people want it all
But I don’t want nothing at all
If it ain’t you baby
If I ain’t got you baby
Some people want diamond rings
Some just want everything
But everything means nothing
If I ain’t got you, yeah

Outro:
If I ain’t got you with me baby
So nothing in this whole wide world don’t mean a thing
If I ain’t got you with me baby




A lot of people focus on different things in lives. Sadly, not few of them live in a superficial world where fame and fortune matter the most. Okay, I do agree that money does matter. After all, we need money to fulfill some of our needs. However, it shouldn't be our goals in live. I am sure you have heard the phrase "Money can't buy happiness". How many people you know that are rich but still not satisfied or still unhappy? They can buy anything they want, but how can you buy happiness?

So, how do I relate to the song? I am truly blessed to be able to say that what I have in this world will not matter at all if I don't have Jesus in my life. I will not be a hypocrite by saying I don't need anything earthly. I am still a human after all. The difference is having Jesus in my life, gives me the perfect peace and the perfect security. I am safe in Him. Do I still worry about anything? Of course I do. I am still learning to trust Him for my life. I know that my life is in His hand. I've been there before. I know the emptiness. I know the fear. I know the insecure feelings. I know the never satisfied feeling. I know the hopeless feeling.

What about you? Are you satisfied with where you are right now? Are you completely happy with what you have? Have you tried Jesus? I promise, you will never regret your decision.

If I ain't got You, Jesus, I have nothing at all.

2 Comments:

At May 26, 2004 at 12:31:00 AM CDT , Blogger The Dreamer said...

woooo yeah baby!!.. i'm fully agree wit u sis ^^ huehueheuh.. aduh gw sukaaaaa banget ama neh lagu ^^ heuheuehuehe.. ;) keren yah :D...

anyway.. heuheuehueh... setuju2... ;).. Babeh tuh.. tobh banget... gimana yah.. if everything else taken away from me... gw masih bisa bertahan asalkan masih ada Babeh yang menyertai..

(hard to do but true...~)... :D...

 
At May 26, 2004 at 11:46:00 PM CDT , Blogger irene said...

ebatt! bener! setuju! pas baca posting ente, rasanya ada yang smriwring di hati! bener loh kris :) bagus ya liriknya.. jadi pengen denger..

btw yang ente tulis bener kris.. gw udah liat so mannyyy people.. they got all, every earthly thing ppl could wish for.. tapi mereka ga bahagia Kris.. because they ain't have Jesus. karena emang geto ya Kris.. manusia diciptain buat deket sama Penciptanya.. saat mereka engga deket, mereka akan selalu ngerasa ada gap, yang ga bisa dipuaskan although mereka punya everything! that gap can only be filled by God alone.. so I found what you wrote really true..! *kipas2 kris*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home