Thursday, June 10, 2004

Value Test

from: Our Daily Bread (June 7th)



Robert Ginnett, a researcher at the Center for Creative Leadership in Colorado Springs, has found that the values we claim to have are not as closely linked to our actual behavior as we might like to believe.

One business executive, who said his 5-year-old daughter was the most important part of his life, realized that he usually went to work before she got up in the morning and often returned home after she was in bed at night. So to spend time with her, he took her to work with him one Saturday. After looking around his office, she asked, "Daddy, is this where you live?" He may have acknowledged that his daughter was important, but his behavior revealed what he truly valued.

In our relationship with Christ, He asks for our obedience, not a warm feeling or a statement of belief. He asked those following Him, "Why do you call Me 'Lord,Lord,' and not do the things I say?" (Luke 6:46). Jesus illustrated His point with the parable of the wise and foolish builders (Luke 6:47-9). The rock solid foundation of the wise builder's house illustrates the result of our obedience to God. This honors Christ and enables us to withstand the storms of life.

What we do, more than anything we say, reveals what we truly value the most.

~David McCasland~




Hmm...it makes you think, doesn't it? Have all the things that I done really show what I truly feels? For example, the thing that came to my mind, I do love my family, very much. But do they know that? Are they aware that I actually, truly love them? Has my behavior shown that fact? Does God know that I truly love Him and I will do anything He wants me to? I really do hope so.

2 Comments:

At June 10, 2004 at 1:24:00 PM CDT , Blogger -Bilbo's mom- said...

Aaaahhh (nah sekarang gua ngerti kenapa waktu itu lu bilang "ahhh"), this surely gets me thinking. That's true yah, apa yang kita lakukan itu apa yang kita value.
Uhm *masih mikir sih gua sampe sekarang*...jadi kalo gua gigit rosie, gua value apa donk? The dog? or gemes? (seriuss gua gigit rosie) empuk loh...mo coba?

 
At June 10, 2004 at 10:53:00 PM CDT , Blogger irene said...

betuuull kriss... *angguk2* gw juga percaya witness pake idup itu cara yang paling efektif.. untuk bawa more ppl to Christ..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home