Thursday, September 18, 2003

What is happiness?



A friend of mine asked me, "How come you are always happy? Don't you ever have any troubles? Why are you always smiling?" Well, I do have troubles. I did have a lot of experiences. But it doesn't mean that I cannot be happy because of all that. Happiness is a matter of decision. You can decide for yourself, whether you want to be happy or you want to feel depressed all day. I can decide to look at the bright side. I can make a decision to be happy!



A little story of mine. I have changed. I truly have changed the day I accepted Jesus. There is just this pure joy and peace in my heart. It feels like nothing else matters. Just knowing the truth that Jesus does love me have taken care of everything else. Of course there will be moment when my faith was challenged. I started questioning things. But the fact is, it is not about feelings. It is about the fact, the fact that we trust Him. Faith is believing what you do not know, what you do not feel. Whenever I have troubles, I know that God is still with me. Just knowing that He cares for me, take all my burdens away.



So what is happiness? For me, happiness is knowing that through all my trials, there will be a reward for me at the end if I pass the test. The reward is to be closer with Him that have brought me through it ALL. Happiness is a matter of decision. You choose today, want to be happy by keep trusting Him, or want to feel depressed and be a pain to all your friends *smile* I hope you make the right decision.

God bless you always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home