Thursday, February 03, 2005

Don't Give Up Yet!

"Statistics say that there are 3 times more likely to commit suicide in the middle of their lives. 40s, 50s, 3 times more likely to get right about the age of the man in this world and quit.

When I was pastoring in West Virginia, one of my son said, son in the gospel came home and opened up the door to the house he and his father stayed together, even though he’s a grown man, he and his father stayed together. He walked in the house and it smelled funny. He flicked the light on, it was red stuff all over the wall. It was blood. It had haunts of stuff in it, washed brain. His father had stuck a pistol in his mouth and blown his brains out and his son found his father dead.

And I never will forget because I was maybe about your age when I preached for that funeral, and I will never forget how that man screamed in that funeral. They couldn’t even open up the casket and I was too young to understand that he wasn’t just screaming for the death of his father. His father pulled the trigger but it blew the son’s brains out too.

Cause what you do to yourself, does affect everybody who loves you.

How could he quit, with me loving him? Did he know that I cared about him? And though my father didn’t kill him for if I did relate to it then I’ll preach at the funeral and bit my lip try not to scream, because when anything like that happen to you, you’ll say "Don’t die yet. Tell me who I am. Lay your hands upon me and tell me who I am. I need you to stay here. Tell me did you love mama? How did you all stay together? Were you happy? Hey daddy, did you ever cheat on mama? If so, why? Daddy, were you happy? And if you weren’t happy, how did you get the strive to get off the bed in the morning? See, I used to think that a boy needs his father but a man does too. " "


********

T.D. Jakes
'Chapter 7'
Inspired by the Hemotions Book
(from the He-Motions CD)

********

Whenever we are in deep trouble, it is always easier to look for the shortcut to get out of the problems. We tend to be selfish when it comes to our own problems. Well, it's our own problem after all. It doesn't have anything to do with anyone else. Yet, try to remember all the people who have loved you all these time, who have supported you through your ups and downs. Think on who will be hurted the most if you decided to give up. This story is a good reminder. I need that too, everyday. "What we do to ourselves, does affect those everybody who loves us." It is very true. I forgot about that until I heard T.D. Jakes telling me the story.

Despite all your problems, try hang in there. Know that there will always be a way out for every problem that won't include hurting other people in return.


********


My Life is in Your Hand
(by Kirk Franklin)

You don't have to worry
And don't you be afraid
Joy comes in the morning
Troubles they don't last always

For there's a friend named Jesus
Who will wipe your tears away
And if your heart is broken
Just lift your hand and say

I know that I can make it
I know that I can stand
No matter what may come my way
My life is in Your hand

With Jesus I can make it
With Jesus I know I can stand
No matter what may come my way
My life is in Your hand


********

1 Comments:

At March 4, 2014 at 2:59:00 AM CST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Kristy, please what is the title of the Bishops message with the quote 'Cause what you do to yourself, does affect everybody who loves you'. I need to listen to the full message again.

Many thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home