Monday, December 08, 2003

God is ALL I Need



Praise the Lord!
This is an excerpt from today's sermon at my church. I feel very blessed to be the member of Canaan Missionary Baptist Church with Rev. B.J Tatum as the senior pastor which is a great church with good teachings. I want to share what I learn to all of you so you may be blessed too. Right now we are at Matthew. We are celebrating the season where Jesus was born and this sermon is from Matthew 2. I hope they will be a blessing to you too.



What will happen if you find a stable instead of a palace as you were hoping for? What will happen when you were expecting for something great and glorious, but you found something which is much less instead? The three wise men found a stable instead of a palace that they expected. However, they looked for God in that stable and gave Him all their treasures.

In life, you will always be put in a place where you are not looking for or where you are not expecting. What should we do in this kind of situation?

~ Find the Lord in that situation, whether it is a stable or a palace
God is everywhere. He is not with us only in our best situation. He is also with us in our worst situation. In the midst of our troubles, He is there too with us. You just have to find Him. Don't be too wrap up with your circumstances that you forget to acknowledge Him. He wants you to seek Him regardless your form at that time.

~ Give your very best.
Whether you find Jesus in a stable or in the place where you don't want to be at, regardless of your circumstances, you need to give your very best. When things don't give you your very best, that is when you need to give your very best or special efforts. The best way to handle your worst situation is to put your very best effort to it. Then you will know your real strength. (My pastor gave an example using his own situation. When your spouse was angry with you, that's when you would make a special effort to win her heart again. Do not let the situation make you fall deeper and worsen the situation. Solve it with your best effort) Sometimes stable will change your direction and lead you to another way - which is perhaps where God wants you to go

~ Intensify your prayer time
When things do not work as how you want them to be, increase your prayer time. God wants His people to worship Him. He wants you to get closer to Him. The way for Him to make it happen is to give you trials to make you realize how you need Him badly in EVERYTHING. Keep praying, even more than usual. Hear Him well and you'll know what to do.




Do NOT ever forget. He will NEVER let you go, no matter what. He loves you. Hang on there. In time, everything will fall into places.

May God bless you and keep you.



Mercy Said No
~Cece Winans~

I was just a child, when I felt the Savior leading
I was drawn to what I could not understand
And for the cause of Christ, I have spent my days believing
That what He'd have me be, is who I am

As I've come to see the weaker side of me
I realize His grace is what I'll need
When sin demanded justice for my sould

Mercy said no
I'm not going to let you go
I'm not going to let you slip away
You don't have to be afraid

Mercy said no
Sin will never take control
Life and death stood face to face
Darkness tried to steal my heart away
Thank you Jesus
Mercy said no

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home