Monday, November 24, 2003

God is The Great Planner



Do you know that God has planned everything that will happen in our lives long before we come to this world? Sometimes, it is hard to believe. Sometimes, it is easier to believe that it is just a coincidence. Sometimes, it feels like we are the ones who have control in our own lives.

However, as much as you want to think that way, God is still in control of our lives. Have you ever been in a situation where you know that have you done something different at one point, you will not be where you are now? Guess what, that's God. You can think that you are lucky or you are smart that you choose that path, but it was all God and God alone.

I know, I have questioned myself lots of time, was it really Him? Does He even know what's going on with me? The fact is He does. He does know who we are inside out. He even knows us better than we know ourselves. I was watching the TV and this lady told the audiences her story that if long time ago her father did not give a reverend from U.S. a bag of oranges, she will not be in U.S right now. She is originally from Jamaica. She said that it's God's plan, God's pathway for her to go to U.S. and do what she is doing right now, minister.



Then I thought of myself, how I came to be where I am right now. Let me tell you my story. A year ago, when I was walking to my class, I met a friend that I do not normally hang out with. I was in a choir the previous year, and she was in another choir, but our choir had concerts together. There is a lot of other choirs at university. However, all the choirs will perform together for the carol concert. During that carol concert (this is of course on December), I heard this amazing choir, Black Chorus. I thought to myself that I really wanted to be the part of that choir. However, I was hesitant because first, it is black chorus, I don't know if I can be in it. Second, they sound AMAZING! The audition must be hard. So, I never decided to try to audition for Black Chorus and forgot about it.

Then, on that day (first week of school fall semester - August), when I met this friend randomly in the quad, we were chatting and she told me that she wanted to join Black Chorus. That refreshed my mind again. I actually have registered to the same choir I was in the previous year. However, the first rehearsal was cancelled and I was too lazy to go to the rehearsal again the next time. So, I remembered about Black Chorus and it stayed in my mind. I told my other friend about it and she said, "Oh, the conductor of Black Chorus is my professor. You should email her. Here's her email address..." Then I emailed her that night and she replied saying that Black CHorus is open to all students and please come to the next rehearsal if I am interested. Of course I came, and I fitted right in. I was in love with the choir and the conductor right away. I felt like i was home.

Now, I wasn't a Christian at that time. Black Chorus sings mostly gospel and also spirituals. All (or at least 98%) the members are Christian. The conductor is a pastor's wife. I was okay at the beginning. I was not a Christian but I love the songs. However, during the rehearsal, you just had to feel the spirit. Looking at all other students, looking at the conductor, they had some thing that I did not. It started to intrigue my feeling and my mind.

After our first concert, I decided to send an email to my conductor without any hope that she would reply it - she is very busy, you see. She is also a voice professor. Praise God she replied my email the next day and invited me to lunch to chat. So we emailed back and forward to set a time to meet.

Before our supposedly scheduled meeting, I met her again in a funeral of an ex-Black CHorus' member. We were singing at the funeral. Well, I did not know who she was and I was not sad. Then that was the time when it all happened. We sang this song "Jesus loves me". I was perfectly fine during the beginning. But then when we sang the climax part "Jesus loves me. He loves me. Oh yes, He loves me." ~ The words just hit me. It's like some one punched my heart. The words stayed in my mind and my tears just rolled down uncontrollably. I couldn't finish the song and I was just standing there with my tears rolling down and my mind was blowing. I cried like I never had before.

Three days after, I met my conductor in her office and we talked. We were just chatting about everything until she brought up the topic. So we talked about it and that evening, I left her office born again. She is my spiritual mother and she has such a huge impact on me. You see, God knows how to get to your heart. I went to a Christian school my whole life, but I never thought of becoming one. But He knows my weaknesses. He knows me inside out. He knows how to get my heart. I am so glad the day He said, "Kristy, it's about time for you to come to Me."

Saying all this, my point is, IF i did not meet that friend on that day in such a random place at random time, I will not be who I am right now, a grateful Christian and His child only. He is a Great Planner and He does know us.



God's Perfect Knowledge of Man
~Psalm 139~

O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
You comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.
You have hedged me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain it.
Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
If I say, "Surely the darkness shall fall on me,"
Even the night shall be light about me;
Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light are both alike to You.
For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother's womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.
How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I am awake, I am still with You.
Oh, that You would slay the wicked, O God!
Depart from me, therefore, you bloodthirsty men.
For they speak against You wickedly;
Your enemies take Your name in vain.
Do I not hate them, O Lord, who hate You?
And I do not loathe those who rise up against You?
I hate them with perfect hatred;
I count them my enemies.
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.




After reading this, do you remember your stories? your turning points? Do you realize now that it's all Him from the beginning until the end? Do you know how He loves you so? He knows who you are before you were even born. He is our good God. He is our great planner. He is my ALL. Praise Him and thanks Him for ALL that He has done for you, but most importantly, praise Him for who He is.



May God bless you always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home