Saturday, November 08, 2003

What Will You Be?



As I gazed up at the mountains,
I was awed by their majesty;
I bowed my head and asked myself,
"Why should He care for me?



I am not great like the mountains
that tower so high above,
What is there about me
that God can find to love?"



"Father, I am not strong like the wind
that makes your tall trees sway,
I cannot sing sweetly like your birds;
will you love me anyway?



But most of all, I am simply me,
and often have cause to fear,
In spite of all my weaknesses,
do you promise to be near?"



With eyes closed tight against my tears,
I wished He could hear me pray.
Then I felt His Spirit tell me,
"Child, look up, I have something to say."



"You are simply you, the spirit I love,
a part of my great plan.
I put you here to learn of life
and to return to me again."



"You are more beautiful to me
than the loveliest mountain I made,
And your strength exceeds that of the wind's,
so do not be afraid."



"I love you not for what you are,
but for what I know you will be.
I am always beside you watching you grow,
you are very special to me."



A smile touched my lips - I knew it was true,
my Father had always been there.
Giving me comfort and blessings and love
and my own special talents to share.



So I do my best to make Him proud.
I am not afraid, for you see,
He loves me not for what I am,
but for what He knows I will be.



Author Unknown
from: Quick Inspirations



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home