Wednesday, September 03, 2003

God does answer prayers

Do you believe that God does answer prayers?
I do. Even though it's not in the way that I expected it to be, God will answer all your prayers. He does it in His own time and His own way. He does things right all the time.



I am secure in my faith. However, I know that I am not at the level where I want to be.
I talk to Him everyday even though I never heard anything from Him back. It always felt like one-way communication.
(There are people who can hear His voice, not an audible voice. I am not one of them)
These past few days, I've been contemplating whether I should drop a class or not. I really had no strong opinion about it.
I brought it to Him without really expecting there would be a clear answer from Him.
This past Sunday, I went to church as usual, and there I found my answer.
The topic of the sermon that day was. "Slow down, and rest!" What else can be clearer than that? I was laughing at myself and thanked Him that He answered my prayers.
Then I realized, He still cares for me and He does listen to everything I said.
Even though He seems distance, He is always there.
There would be times when God answers your prayers, but you wouldn't realize it is Him.
It was just a natural occassion that you would have thought, "What a coincidence!"
But, believe me, it's Him. He has planned your life so wonderfully for you.



One thing to remember, "it's not about feeling, it's about faith."
**God had promised repeatedly, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." ~Heb 13:5.
But He has not promised, "you will always feel my presence."
God is always present, even when you are unaware of Him, and His presence is too profound to be measured by mere emotion.
Yes, He wants you to sense His presence, but He's more concerned that you trust Him than that you feel Him. Faith, not feelings, pleases God.
For you, young Christians: When you are a baby Christian, God gives you a lot of confirming emotions and often answers the most immature, self-centered prayers - so you'll know He exists. But as you grow in faith, He will wean you of these dependencies.**



I am a baby Christian, and I realize God will not always answer my prayers the way He did with my decision on dropping a class. Nevertheless, I will always stay strong and faithful to Him. Will you pray for me, please?

**Excerpts taken from The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home